Social media isn’t just useful for keeping up with friends and family anymore. Stellar social media integration can work to improve your business’s sales and reach, while poor social media practices can restrict or even damage a business’s reputation.
If your business is looking to further incorporate social media into your marketing strategy, try some of these activities.
1. Incorporate Apps
By releasing a custom app for your business, you can foster a sense of brand awareness for your company, which can lead to improved customer loyalty.
2. Encourage Customer Loyalty
The social media tools you choose to employ can go a long way in helping boost brand loyalty. Some ways to do this include:
- Ensure all customer complaints are attended to. (For instance, blog about how the problem/s were resolved.)
- Urge customers to leave information about favorable experiences on your social media accounts.
- Keep a record of the comments you receive.
- Interact with your customers on blogs and social media accounts by responding to comments.
- Survey and promote on social media to find customer needs.
3. Supplement Your Social Media with Local Strategies
Also consider the impact that bringing national brands down to a local level can have on a business. One way to accomplish this is by striving for a locally-based social media strategy that compliments the national campaign without mimicking it. Posting local specials and deals, photos of workers, etc. can put a local face on your business.
4. Merge Email Marketing and Social Media
While email and social media marketing can be effective tools in their own right, using them together can exceed expectations. Here are some tips for integrating the two together:
- Encourage subscribers to connect to your social media and share with their friends.
- Allow newsletter sign-up through social media.
- Encourage information sharing by having a “Retweet this!” option in your email.
- Provide customer incentives.
- Make use of texting.
- Use your blog to spread your email marketing further.
- Incorporate icons for your social media in your email blasts.
5. Encourage Positive Comments
As mentioned earlier, blogging can be extremely helpful tool for your marketing strategy. However, some businesses underutilize blogs. Worse, sometimes user comments/feedback is misunderstood. By finding a successful balance of usership and readability, you can develop longstanding, meaningful relationships with your customers through content development.
Some ways to facilitate optimized blogging are by offering readers the option to expand on the topics of a post, make it easy for readers to connect with the blog author, and allow readers to recommend topics to the authors.
6. Consider Making QR Codes Work for You
Over the last few years, QR codes have transitioned from generic barcodes to yet another means of advertisement due to smartphones being the hands of so many people. For example, QR codes can:
- Create a link to mobile-friendly or optimized sites.
- Cultivate a favorable customer experience.
- Providing tracking on the amount of scans.
- Give a fresh face to re-released products. Use social media to generate buzz and excitement for the release.
- Create a short video – with enough originality it might just go viral!
- Provide customer service via social media.
It’s undeniable that social media is becoming more important for businesses. Chances are, this trend will only continue to progress; therefore, it’s becoming increasingly more important to follow suit – or risk getting left behind.
Fortunately, Bizmosis is here to help! Contact us today to take the next step.